Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winter Fish, Fish Tale Brewing Company, Olympia Washington

Our next beer comes from the Fish Tale Brewing Company in Olympia, Washington. The Winter Fish is advertised as their hoppiest beer yet, much to my own happiness!

It pours a cloudy honey color with a thin head.

The aroma is distinctly hop, with a lot of freshness.

The taste is all hop bitter. It has a subtle honey flavor and is very fresh tasting with a full body. It is unique to find such a hoppy beer in the soon-to-be dead of winter - especially as a brewery's winter offering. I embrace it fully. It is a strong beer and guards nicely against the rain on the window. I don't recommend it to those who may not embrace the hop in the way that I do - if you are looking for a malty winter warmer - there are better options, but if you are looking for a hopped up winter drink or want to try something different - or, and this is my usual Christmas gift to some friends and family - looking for a diverse mixed six-pack for that special someone - this is an excellent option.

The aftertaste is bitter hop deliciousness.

Yakima Chinook Hops, Pale Malt, and Honey Malt are used to make this 7.0% ale.

I found my bottle at Belmont Station and around Portland, I've yet to find it anywhere else. I know it Washington, the Winter Fish is a lot more common. I'll be on the look-out and update if I find it anywhere else....

Cheers!

No comments: