Saturday, October 4, 2008

Whittier White Belgian Ale, Haverhill Brewery, Haverhill MA


Alright, I'll admit to being a little behind with my blogging. The trouble comes when I only make one blog a night, but happen to get overzealous on my research some nights.

I've been making my way through Pumpkin beers recently and the next few blogs will detail the several I have found around town, but for now let's take a look at the Whittier White Belgian Ale.

It pours a bright amber, a little like a cloudy honey colored with a creamy head.

The smell is lively with some distinct white pepper. There is a slight citrus or orange aroma as well.

The taste is definitely white pepper along with some general spice on the tongue. It is crisp and refreshing. It is a light to medium body and seems very thirst quenching. There is mild orange as well. It is slightly wheaty.

The aftertaste is fairly lively with citrus and white pepper lingering on the palate.

In all, a refreshing brew indeed. I spoke in an earlier blog post about the Tap Room at Haverhill and I HIGHLY recommend checking it out if you are near the Boston area.

I am looking forward to posting the pumpkin beers soon, and I will start the long trek of examining the making of an development of beer!

In the meantime....Happy drinking!

No comments: