Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Grey Lady, Cisco Brewers, Nantucket MA


A trip to Trader Joe's led me to buy some naan, which then led me to make some Aloo Gobi (my first attempt) which finally led me to tonight's beer selection.

"The Grey Lady" from Cisco Brewers in Nantucket is a Belgian-style Wit beer. I looked for some details on their website, but the beer most be a seasonal, since I did not find any info about it.

It pours a golden hue, think very light honey and has a big foamy head.

The smell is distinctly wheat, with a slight white pepper aroma. It is a little sweet.

The taste is wheaty with a citrus or orange. There is a little white pepper to it. It is a light body and crisp (almost sparkly). It is refreshing and went well with the semi spicy and heavy food. It clears the palate, but doesn't linger too long.

There isn't much aftertaste, a very soft spiciness, perhaps. All in all it is fairly dry and mild.

I found Cisco beers at almost every beer store/liquor store when I lived in Boston. Oh, and if you are curious there is this from the bottle:
"The name 'Grey Lady' comes from the nickname for the often-foggy island on which it is brewed." There you go, beer and geography!

Cheers!

No comments: