Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bar Harbor Cadillac Mountain Stout


Our next beer is one of my imports from the East Coast - Bar Harbor's Stout. Right to it.... It pours with a caramel head and is extremely opaque. The smells are subtle - with mild malt and roast. The taste is noticeably chocolate with a roasty malt. The body seems to build as you drink. The aftertaste is slight bitterness and leaves a roastiness in the breath. I think it would be a good addition to dessert - especially with vanilla ice cream (if my inherited cholesterol problem didn't bar me from such a delicious combination!)
Bar Harbor is an interesting place, a good afternoon place to check out - way too touristy for an extended stay - but a beautiful place to see in Maine. And some of my favorite beers are from Maine! I will be interested to try and retry more stouts to compare with the Cadillac Mountain... Cheers!

No comments: